Comprehensive Eye Exams
Regular eye exams are an invaluable tool in maintaining healthy eyes by detecting and preventing disease. Some diseases develop slowly without causing pain or vision loss. Early detection of any problems can reduce the risk of further harm and allow for a choice of treatment options. Part of your exam includes the following procedures: slit lamp examination, Dilated eye exam, Refraction for glasses & contact lenses and Glaucoma pressure testing as well as a series of computerized tests to determine the health of your eyes.
Co-Management of Refractive Surgeries
Dr. Rakich knows firsthand the benefits of refractive surgery. She underwent LASIK to correct her nearsightedness and astigmatism. Recent advances in technique and instrumentation have brought refractive surgery procedures to the forefront of vision care. We co-manage all current refractive surgeries, including:
- VISIAN Implantable Contact Lens
Dr. Rakich specializes in difficult contact lens fittings.
We carry many brands and types of contact lenses including lenses for astigmatism and bifocal lenses. We also have lenses for patients with keratoconus and who still need correction after refractive surgery. This includes Synergyes, Duettes and Metro Revitaleyes lenses.
We also have the newest lenses for patients with dry eyes, Safigel Daily Contact Lenses.
ChromaGen is a life-changing lens technology for reading problems and dyslexia. The ChromaGen System is patented, FDA-cleared, and available in glasses, contacts, or clip-ons. Users of ChromaGen Lenses who previously struggled with reading problems and dyslexia now report that headaches, nausea, and fatigue are gone and words are no longer moving on the page.
Eye Care Emergencies
Save yourself the time and expense of a trip to the ER by calling our office. Dr. Rakich is on call 24-7 for her patients or anyone with an eye emergency. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
Please call us and our message service will page the doctor if you suffer from
- eye infections
- injury after hours
- pink eye
Dr. Rakich carries everything you need for your eye care. We offer accessories and cleaning supplies for eyewear and contact lenses.
Pediatric Vision Testing
Vision in the broadest sense, is the global ability of the brain to extract, process and act on information presented to the eye. This complex process can be thought of as three major but related areas:
- visual acuity, which is largely dependent upon refractive status and eye health;
- visual efficiency skills, representing eye focusing, teaming, and tracking skills;
- and visual information processing, representing the ability to recognize and discriminate visual stimuli and to interpret them correctly based upon previous experience.
Every examination we provide for children, regardless of the child's age, has these thoughts in mind.
A comprehensive eye examination will assess
- Visual acuity measures how clearly a child sees objects.
- Refractive status measures for nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism.
- The child is evaluated for any eye health problems, including active pathology or congenital anomalies.
- Eye tracking is the ability of the eyes to fixate, smoothly follow and look between objects or printed words.
- Eye focusing is the ability to efficiently change and sustain focus while reading. Accurate eye teaming is also important for accurate depth perception or stereopsis.
Early detection and management is recommended to prevent vision loss or eye disease and to provide appropriate vision development.